Founded in 1989, 180 Degrees VonWald Emergency Youth Shelter is a safe place for youth in crisis.
When home is no longer safe, or when youth and families need time and space to work through conflict or mental health crisis, or when youth are homeless or couch hopping, 180 Degrees is here to help.
Open 24-hours, 7 days a week, 180 Degrees' supportive program serves Minnesota youth, ages 12-19, from 20 counties across southeast Minnesota. Case Managers empower youth to identify strengths, explore resources, and develop goals and plans to realize their potential.
Services are free of charge and available on a walk-in basis. We accept referrals from schools, social workers, probation officers, and youth-serving agencies.
• 12-bed Emergency Shelter/Residence for youth ages 12 to 17 (up to age 19 if they're in school).
• Shared living and kitchen space with prepared meals and essentials
• Support groups and positive reinforcement
• Family engagement
• Individual and family therapy and one-on-one primary counseling
• Therapeutic activities and groups with our therapist
• Gender-specific and spirituality/culture specific programming
• On-site, accredited education so youth continue to meet educational requirements
• Recreation and pro-social activities
• Life skills addressing social, emotional, chemical, and physical health.
For immediate help, contact us:
Friendly, homelike environment
"VonWald is unlike any place I've been. The people here want to help you, which motivates you to do what's right. They're the ones helping me get back into school, get a job, and get my life together. If it wasn't for them, I don't know where I'd be."
--Kasey, 15 years